Thursday, September 20, 2012

Interview with kai le cross

This gentleman I'm about to introduce is a phenomenal artist. He's a very eclectic artist he has style, class, charisma and intelligent. He does a multitude of designs from clothing to web. I enjoyed meeting him and interviewing him and I think you will to and now kai le cross

What's good? 
Me of course.

Where you from?
Beverly HIlls baby, ha ha born and raise in the Bronx of New york.

What's Your nationality? 
Im an American negro.

In 5 words can you describe something about yourself or your designs? 
Five words to describe my designs would be, elegant, beautiful, sexy, unique and colorful oh wait those words describe me also.

How long you've been a fashion designer? 
I have been a designer for about 3 year but been really involved at active on it for a year and a half.

What inspired you to become a designer? 
Well naturally Im a artist in many way, just that a needle and thread seems so fitting for a my creative outlet now. Things always change and fluctuate when you need to get ideas out. My dreams inspire me mostly, I know it sounds crazy.

Are there any Designers who inspire You? 
Well as in "famous" designer yes, such as Alexander Mc Queen, Catherine Coatney and Mana the Japanese bass player.

What was the first thing that told you yes I want to design clothing? 
When I made something awesome and didn't fuck it up, also the trip I took to others schools of fashion I was looking to attend.

What do you feel about the fashion industry? 
Its very fast pace and scary, you always have to think six steps ahead in all your ideas. Theres even the business aspect of it your have to be able to connect to the fashion world. At first it just seems like woman's work, its like chemistry with fabric; just have to know how to put the elements together.

Other than designing do you do anything else promote, model etc? 
I use to model that was long ago. Martial arts and gymnastics is my thing, gotta do what you good at and keep fit. Other then that I do tattoos, make websites, draw, photography ,film, paint and run small events. Im all about learning, more  so I promote the art work of others, because were what makes the world so lively and colorful.
Are you currently working on any projects ? 
Always working on many projects, Im thinking about making a magazine. Magazines are becoming a lost art now that social media play a heavy role in everyday life. But I feel making films are so fun but who knows.

Are there any designers or models you would want to work with? 
A couple, but I love working in amateur models because you see the them emerge more and more as they develop.

Where do you think the fashion industry is headed? 
The fashion world is weird ya know. You can walk down a busy stray and look in a department store with and think, "I seen that out fit before", when dealing with fashion you have to take a risk to stand out but that can also kill you. The main industries in American fashion are picky and mundane, so with that said I think we need to be a bit more vibrant.

In the next five yrs where do u want to see your career? 
Seeing my business well established and helping younger people get a leg up in the fashion and art scene. I want my son and daughter to take over when the time is right.

Any shout outs you wanna give? 
My shout out goes to every one who stuck by me and recognized me, not for who I'am but for my creations.I don't really have family backing me up much but there's always friends and awesome people in the goth and fetish scene who keep a lookout. Family La Cross !

for more info contact @velvetrosenyc@gmail.com or @www.velvetrosenyc.moonfruit.com



No comments:

Post a Comment