Thursday, September 20, 2012

Interview with victory


   
   Victory i first saw at a performance at New York pyramid club. his first performance was a little rough but his second performance caught my attention he came back with a new confidence. so i asked what helped with the change he said "i wasn't happy so i needed to be happy now i'm happy" i liked that response cause it showed me that young in the game he knows what he want and what the crowd should have a great performance.

What's good?
    I'm good. Whats up with you


Where you from?
    I was born in the Bx raised L.E.S


What's your nationality?
    I'm Black and Puerto Rican


How long have you been rapping?
    I've been rapping since I was eleven years old


What inspired you to become a rapper?
   The moment that inspired me to be a rapper is when I realized I could do it. I never forget it, I was in the hallway of my junior high school and I was thinking that song "Is that your chick" by Jay z and Memphiz bleek and I freestyled the song because I didn't remember the words from that moment I just keep writing and coming up with my own material.


Are there any rappers that inspired you to rap?
  Back in the days Dipset was a real big influence on me and the way I rapped because they where punchline artist and I always liked using punchlines and their chemistry as a team was crazy to me I remember thinking when I get on that's how me and my team gonna be


When did you realize yea I'm a rapper I can do this?
  The first time that made me feel like it could actually happen is when I went to college and recorded my first track thanks to my roommate Mike prior to then I've written a lot but I never heard myself on a track before. Its a completely different feeling hearing than just writing.


As a underground artists do you feel there's a lot of competition?
  Hell yea there's more competition as an underground artist because there's more talent and there's more of a hunger to succeed. When people get on that's when they usually relax and let their guard down because they made it already but as an underground artist you could never let your guard down.


How do you feel about the rap game?
  The rap game currently is garbage its only like 3 groups doing they thing right now that's MMG YMCMB and G.O.O.D Music every time you hear a song on the radio its a 85% chance its gonna be one of those groups on it. Another thing that I don't like about the game right now is the producers its like everyone is just remaking the same beat over and over its too predicable. 


Besides rap do you produce, ghost write etc?
  I use to produce but I stopped the reason I stopped was I could never really rap over the beats I made. I also edit the videos I make from time to time.


Are you currently working on any projects?
   I'm currently working on my first mixtape and my second one. The first mixtape is going to be entitled "No Sleep" its basically done  I'm just getting the quality of the songs where they need to be. As for the second mixtape I'm writing a few songs for that its gonna be crazy nothing but hits from start to finish.


Are there any rappers you would want to work with?
   I would work with Drake and Big Sean to of my favorite artist in the game right now.


Where do you see hip-hop heading in the next 5yrs?
     I see Hip hop becoming the new pop because its more mainstream now then it was before and the sound of it is changing constantly but thats just my opinion.


Are there any shout outs you have?
    I just wanna shout out Team ISO my nigga LP my nigga Aries and my partner Lolo and thats it thanks for the interview


to contact victory or to checkout his music email: edwardramel88@gmail.com
                                                                            www.facebook.com/vipvictory88
                                                                                                  youtube allofus13b


No comments:

Post a Comment