Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Interview with T.Walker


T.walker a underground hip-hop artist i saw preform at a open mic in the lower east side. He caught my attention because of his energy, drive and hard hitting delivery. His performance had heart he set the standard that night. He posses a hungry and a love for his music. 
Checkout his music video watch "T.Walker - Mine for the keepin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV7peELB2iY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What's good? 
   MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC my dude ha ha


Where you from?
   Long Island Representer, Franklin Square Hometown


What's Your nationality?
  Irish and Italian, My father is Irish, and my mom is Italian


How long you've been rapping?
  I'd say a good 2 years


What inspired you to become a rapper ?
  Poetry, I used to write poems in my free time to relieve stress, but my friends suggested to start up rapping, their the ones that keep me going


Are there any rappers who inspire You?
  Eminem, 50 Cent, D12, Kanye West, Jay-Z


What was the first thing that told you yes I want to rap?
   I always knew I wanted to be an entertainer, but I never knew what to do exactly. I was an actor for a couple of years and I still want to pursue that later on in my career, but to become a hip hop artist is something I always felt was my calling. To perform in front of a crowd and having them acknowledge and understand what I'm saying is one of the greatest feelings I have ever felt in my life. I hope to still reach out to people and get them motivated. Motivation is key, you can want something so bad, and you can go through the stages of success, but with those stages of success comes many different obstacles you have to face. That's all part of the work, If you can work through struggle, you can make it anywhere. Humble, Hungry & Motivated.


Are you currently working on any projects ?
  I have a few projects I started working on, EP's, Full-length Mixtapes, Music Videos, Performances, On-Air Radio Interviews, etc.
What can people expect from your music?
Expect every single song too have a meaning. But make the meaning your own. My music is every bodies music.



Are there any artists you would want to work with?
  I'd love to work with MGK, seems like a very down to earth dude and I respect him for his work. I've watched his documentary and how he has been through a lot of rough times in his life. Now the dude is signed to one of the greatest labels out there. Too much respect for that guy


Where do you see hip-hop is headed?
   I don't know if it would be right for me to speak on that, only because music changes every couple of years. The genre is very flexible, you can put an opera singer in the back round of a beat and have a rapper spit over it. You can have R&B and Techno & Hip hop all in one song. So where do i see hip hop going? Only stretching its limits and taking the genre to a whole other sound & dimension.




Any shout outs you wanna give?
  My father and Mother, they have been too supportive of me and my music. My Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins. Kudej Films, All my boys (INFINITE), The Pyramid Club & Mental Supreme for bringing me into the hip hop community, AudioHype for the huge support they've given me, The Donnadio Family for giving me that spark. And everyone else who checks out my music!! The support is too much 


contact info: walkermj@optonline.net or WALKEROFFICIALMUSIC@GMAIL.COM





No comments:

Post a Comment