Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Aaron p interview




What's good?
What's really good? And if you say to me back: What's really really good? Then I would say: What's really really REALLY good? And there would never be an ending to that.


Where you from?
The bogie down BX... Just kidding. I always wanted to say that. It's just cool to be from the bronx I guess. But no, I'm from Wash Heights (Washington Heights), NYC. Not born, but raised.


What's your nationality?
U.S.A. ALL-THE-WAY! (Chanting)


How long you've been doing photography?
I've been taking snaps seriously for about a year and a half now, homie.


What inspired you to become a photographer?
  What inspired me to become a photographer? I know I just repeated the question for no reason... Maybe cause I'm stalling. It's tough to think about just one thing that did it. Instead I believe it was many things over a long period of time. I do remember being fascinated by my grandmothers flash bulbs when I was little. I dunno if you ever seen them, they look just like ice cubes, 1950's style. You would attach them to the top of your camera and they would make that old school "flash popping sound". Fast forward to when I had to decide what the hell I was going to do with my life because for a long time I had no idea; photography was at the top of the list because it had always made me happy. Even that small flash of light and popping sound by itself was satisfying.


Are there any photographers who inspired you?
Tone was one of the first to really inspire me. After seeing his nightlife work and artist profiles I really wanted to do what he did. William Eggleston, Helmut Newton, Annie Leibovitz, David LaChapelle, Lastnightsparty. Lastnightsparty is crazy. I still don't understand how he gets his photos. Terry Richardson. His work mirrors our culture. Lots of photographers hate him cause he's the best photographer out right now. Also I just recently found out about Sandy Kim, her work is sick.


What was your first thing that told you yes I want to do photos?
I took two intro classes in photography at college, very basic courses. We shot slide film and projected our images on the wall. It was projector magic. Or maybe it was the fact that i had a room full of people looking at my work and talking about it... Does that make me vain?


Where do you see your photography heading in the next 5yrs?
More studio work for sure. I like to say I'm taking a break from the nightlife. I'm thinking about trying my hand at fashion actually. Shoot some look books. Bang some models. But who knows. I don't really know what I want. I'm a, "go with the flow" kinda guy. I like to let myself fall into things. I shot a music video which was cool. I've always thought my life would lead me to film someday. Maybe i'll shoot some more music videos.


Do you have your own company?
Aaron Pachesa Incorporated, baby!


What can your clients expect working with you?
I want people to think that I can offer them, "fun"... Fun in a photo.


You can contact Aaron @
http://AaronPachesa.com
917-703-6012





No comments:

Post a Comment