Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Interview with Dj jed

What's good?
Chilling man just tryin to keep up on this grind shit


Where you from?
I was born and bred in the boogie down bx ..173rd and Hoe ave to be exact


What's Your nationality? 
I'm Puerto rican


How long you've been Djing?
I've been djing now for 11 years


What inspired you to become a DJ?
I've always been into "techno" if u have to call it that ..it was just different from whateveryone else was doin ..also many of my friends were into some form of music so I felt like I would try my hand @ the one and two's, but I guess what really drew me to djing is the power and responsibilty of keep a party moving , being a puppet master of sorts ...the party is directly. Linked to how good a dj is ...or. isn't


Are there any dj's who inspire You?
Yes ofcourse ...daft punk master mike , dj starscream , basement jaxx , preston from hypercrush ...rtc , neophyte , frontliner , Tuneboy ...um I can go on forever dude Lol


What was your first thing that told you yes I want to DJ?
Actually doin it for the. First time live in front of crowd ...I usually just go for it to actually know if I want to persue it ...trial by fire I guess


Where are you currently Djing? 
Well I'm at Pyramid night club down in The lower eastside in Manhattan as well as others , the bronx , and Jersey


Are you with any DJ crews and if so how does it feel?
Yes i roll with HyperGRIffens..that's me and Dj Sylence and its great , we work great together and we constantly push ourselves to be better than the other


Where do you see your Djing career heading in the next 5yrs?
Hopefully having regular gigs and steady pay ...getting some of my own tracks outthere on the mainstream would be ideal


Any shout outs you wanna give?
My wife Cyn my Boy Lucas , Oz and everyone else , YOu already know


If you would like to contact Dj Jed you can @


No comments:

Post a Comment