Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Interview with baller brown

     It's a hot Friday afternoon and I'm interviewing baller brown a female rapper whose hitting the open Mic circuit hard. I saw her at a open mic show in the L.E.SIDE of Manhattan her lyrics was hard hitting but still had a smooth almost reminded me of big daddy kane so I wanted to introduce her to y'all so here's baller brown.


What's good?
 LIFE is good, Working Hard is good, Being positive is good, Making Music is GREAT, And GETTING/ MAKING Money is EVEN BETTER!! #lol #real rapLife


Where you from?
BALLER BRown Represents, born and raised in the BRONX, New York!! Holla!! Birth Place of the Culture and Art!!


What's Your nationality?
In America.. Im Just Black!! Lmao..But I am Mixed..African american and Black Foot Indian from my mother's side and From my Father's side.... Antiguan (west indian), Panamanian, Dominican, The list goes on and on... Im Mixed.


How long you've been rapping ?
 I have been spitting Lyrics and CRUSHING Bars since the age of 8 years old.


What inspired you to become a rapper ? 
 I never really looked at any one and said I want to be like that rapper or he/she influenced me.... the Culture and Art of hip hop I fell in in love with and music helped me through difficult times in my life. I started Free styling and writing and noticed my barz and rhymes were better than my peers so I continued to freestyle, write rhymes, and rap. I always LOVED POETRY... So Poetry also influenced me to rhyme. So no one inspire me.. The Love of the Art and Culture did.


Are there any rappers who inspire You?
My favorite rapper is Nas so he is definetly an inspiration... Besides him, Black Thought of the roots, M.O.P, The Lox are among my favorites who I would say are inspire me. Also Kanye West. Also Super Natural the Freestyler inspire also. Seeing Wack rappers Like Soldier Boy eating made me want to take Rapping more serious.


What was the first thing that told you yes I want to rap?
THe First thing that told me yes.... I want to rap... is when I started Free styling off the top of the head and realized how good I was!!! That made me be like YES!!! I want To rhyme and I LOVE THIS! I just have a Way with words.


As a female artist do you think it's more competition? 
HELL YES!!! Because as a female artist you "supposed to fit a mold or image". If you don't fit that image then its harder as a female artist to be respected. But IM UP FOR THE challenge and DEMAND MY RESPECT. So if im not shaking or showing ass and breast; not only do I have to compete with other female artist but EVERY male rap artist too!!


What do you feel about the female rap game?
 I feel like the female rap game is TRASH NOW!! Only One Female dominants the game at a time now.. Before you had Queen Latifah..MC LYTE.. Lauren Hill, etc... More than one female could be relevant in the game. Its not really like that any more. Also, today..Its more about sex and Ignorance selling. so the game is a little funky for females.


Other than rap do you do anything else produce, ghost write etc? 
 I have Ghost written in the past. But Produce No!! One thing i do Love to do is Inspire people to follow their dreams and be GREAT AT WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO! gotta Work hard for it Thou!! For real!


Are you currently working on any projects ?
yes I am. I dropped my mix tape "Just Getting warmed up earlier this year, check that out on BALLERBROWN.com ..and I also completed a Compilation album with The Producers The BakerMen which I'm sitting on right now that is FIRE!! Believe me. be released soon hopefully I am also collaborating with other up and coming artist and working with a New young Talented artist named Kyrsis on his Mix tape. So Im trying to stay busy and build this fan base by ANY MEANS!


Are there any artist you would want to work with?
Yes- I would love to work with Nas, Kanye west, Black Thought of the roots, Marsha Ambrosius, french Montana, Andre 3000, a lot of people. Producers...9th wonder, Swiss beats..., Arab Music.
Where do you see hip-hop is headed?- I hope it heads back to the art of lyricism and having content or something to say. Real hip hop fans still yearn for the true essence of the art. I hope it goes back there. But If it stays on this path where it is today..It will head towards more SWAG Rap/music not so much talent or Promoting IGNORANCE and Sex to SELL Records!


Any shout outs you wanna give?
I want to give a Shout out To YOU-Kanowlege... for the Interview.. THANK YOU for the opportunity !!! And a BIG shout out to GOD for blessing with my gift and making who I am! TEAM GOD Baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment